- Web Desk
PCB management committee approves 2023-24 fiscal year budget
- Web Desk
- Aug 27, 2023
LAHORE: The budget for the fiscal year 2023-2024 was approved in the second meeting of the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Management Committee, presided by Chairman Zaka Ashraf.
The following are the highlights of the meeting:
• The Management Committee was briefed on the Board’s budget, where various work related to cricket operations, development, infrastructure, and other strategic initiatives to ensure the continued growth and success of cricket in Pakistan came into discussion. The members unanimously approved the 2023-24 fiscal year budget.
• Chairman Zaka Ashraf briefed the members on his recent participation in the ICC annual meeting. Mr Zaka Ashraf shared insights into the discussions around the ICC financial model and how he proficiently advocated for PCB’s interests during the meeting. His representation of Pakistan’s cricketing aspirations and strategic vision was lauded by the fellow committee members.
• The Management Committee congratulated the Pakistan Men’s team for winning the series against Afghanistan and regaining the No. 1 position in the ICC ODI rankings. In this regard, the chairman national selection committee Inzamam-ul-Haq was a special invitee and joined the meeting online. The members congratulated Inzamam-ul-Haq and his selection committee and wished the team luck for the upcoming Asia Cup.
• The committee approved a grant of PKR seven million each for the Wheelchair Cricket Association and Blind Cricket Association for their recent exceptional performances. This decision underscores the committee’s dedication to providing opportunities for individuals with diverse abilities to excel in the game and recognises the recent achievement of the Pakistan Blind cricket team for clinching the gold medal at the IBSA World Games 2023 in Birmingham.
• In line with the committee’s vision of providing improved facilities for fans, a decision was made to facilitate the installation and repair of chairs at different stadiums which included the installation of chairs at the historic Pindi Cricket Stadium in Rawalpindi. This step is aimed at providing comfortable seating for spectators and a welcoming environment for cricket enthusiasts.
• Also, a proposal was given, advocating for the installation of solar panels across all stadiums as an essential measure to enhance energy sustainability measures. Following a comprehensive deliberation, the proposal was approved unanimously by the committee members.