- Web Desk
Food Review: Crumble Cookies
- Foha Raza
- Nov 30, 2023
True cookie monsters know that a chewy, crunchy cookie takes the cake any day. In our quest to find sweet treats that truly satisfy our sugar cravings, we stumbled upon Crumble Cookies serving New York-style cookies. Based out of the twin cities, Crumble Cookies has a selection of five delicious flavours. Each one is a delightful adventure for the taste buds. The cookies are available either individually or in boxes of four or eight, allowing you to choose the perfect quantity to satisfy your cravings.
One of the standout features of Crumble Cookies is that they bake their cookies to order. This means that every cookie you receive is served fresh out of the oven. While this may require a bit of patience, with orders taking approximately 45 minutes to an hour to prepare, it is an experience that is worth the wait. Let us dive into a detailed review of the menu and the flavours that Crumble Cookies has to offer.
The Menu and Flavour: Crumble Cookies only serves cookies. They keep it simple with five core flavours including:
- Classic Chocolate Chip: The classic cookie is a timeless favourite. It offers the perfect balance of sweetness, a generous amount of chocolate chips, and a chewy, melt-in-your-mouth texture that is hard to resist. The flavour of sweet from the chocolate and salty from the butter is balanced flawlessly. This cookie is not too sweet which makes it hands down of the best cookies Crumble Cookies has to offer.
- Chocolate Chip Walnut: Unfortunately, the Chocolate Chip Walnut did not quite live up to expectations. While it boasts the same impeccable cookie base as the other flavours, the walnut pieces failed to provide the expected crunch and depth of flavour. A key reason to eat a walnut cookie is for texture which this cookie inevitably lacked. This is not to say that there is not walnut flavour, it just feels like an after-thought.
- Hershey’s Double Chocolate: The Hershey’s Double Chocolate cookie is a dream come true for the ultimate chocoholic. This cookie is rich, moist, and loaded with an intense chocolate flavour that will satisfy even the most insatiable sweet tooth. However, this cookie can feel a bit heavy post-munching.
- Nutella-filled Chocolate Chip: The Nutella-filled Chocolate Chip cookie, as the name suggests, has a luscious Nutella centre that reveals itself when you break the cookie apart. This theatrical performance is tempting even for those who are not fans of Nutella. Flavour-wise this cookie is rich and leans a bit stronger on the sweetness scale. The texture is perfectly balanced as the crunch of the cookie meets the gooeyness of the Nutella.
- PB&H: Peanut butter lovers will find solace in the PB&H cookie which is reminiscent of the beloved Reese’s cups. This cookie is a decent blend of peanut butter and chocolate. The peanut butter adds a sharp flavour to the cookie offering relief from the sweetness.
Pricing: A single Classic Chocolate Chip cookie is for Rs.220. The Walnut and Hershey’s are both for Rs. 240, Nutella is for Rs. 260 and PB&H is for Rs. 280. A box of four cookies will set you back by Rs. 1740, excluding delivery charges.
Read more: Your Ultimate Guide to Foolproof Streetstyle
Pickup & Delivery Options: Crumble Cookies is in F11, Islamabad, and has a convenient pick-up spot in Chaklala Scheme III, Rawalpindi. The cookies can also be delivered across Rawalpindi and Islamabad to your doorstep. Simply reach out to them via their number or their Instagram profile and order.
Final Impressions: While the variety of flavours might not be extensive, the quality of the cookies more than makes up for it. The aroma of Crumble Cookies alone is enough to attract any unsuspecting passerby. Each cookie is a combination of soft, crunchy, and chewy, all in one bite. Notably, they are not overly oily or greasy, and the balance of butter in the recipe is spot on. What truly sets Crumble Cookies apart is the quality of the chocolate they use, which adds a rich, decadent flavour to every bite. However, there is one caveat: if you are not a fan of chocolate, you might find the flavour options limited. But for the chocolate lovers, this is a dream come true.
Go ahead and place your order. Your taste buds will thank you, and you will find yourself coming back for more.
Side Note: Crumble Cookies deserves a standing ovation for their social media game. Even if you do not like cookies or desserts, follow their page for hilarious content that is tailored to the local context!